(Every week, I publish a series of inspiring links. Enjoy this week’s round up on simplicity & inspiration!)
Who to emulate? Instead of emulating someone because of their accomplishments, it seems more prudent to emulate them for who they are.
The worst lies are the ones you tell yourself over and over again- the ones you live by. 9 lies to unlearn before it’s too late.
10 lessons of less for high school graduates
Through Frankie’s eyes
Average is what everybody else does. Are you choosing to be average?
The blind man and the Everest
Our days fill up so fast, and are so rushed and filled with distractions, that they seem to be bursting. 9 rules for a simpler day
Love and blessings,
(Every week, I publish a series of inspiring links. Enjoy this week’s round up on simplicity & spirituality!)
Courtney Carver talks about how expectations reduce joy in her post Easter eggs and expectations
The problem with simplicity
7 powerful spiritual truths: Turn challenges into a reawakening
Make a new friend everyday to create a sense of belongingness and nurture love & compassion
I loved reading about Michael Fischman’s spiritual journey in his book ‘Stumbling into infinity’ – an amazing memoir beautifully describing deep knowledge & moments of grace.
10 quotes that changed my life
Love and blessings,
(Every week, I publish a series of inspiring links. Enjoy this week’s round up on simplicity !)
Improve your life and productivity with this simple but effective technique – 3 words that you need to tell yourself daily
Someday I am going to need this stuff…Do you also fall in the same category? No wonders, you are never able to kick the clutter out of your house.
Reclaim your bedroom. Let not technology dominate your private sanctuary. Sleep, sex and reruns
When your work life is destroying your good life , it’s time to set your priorities right and also take steps to improve your work life.
7 quotes to help you live the simple life
Learn the secret ingredient to be special – Art of living in Kungfu Panda
Love and blessings,
(Every week, I publish a series of inspiring links. Enjoy this week’s round up on time management,stress-relief & simplicity , take a look at your life and make the desired changes!)
How are you using your 86,400 seconds?
Get rid of anxiety and stress by using these 9 yoga tips to overcome anxiety disorder
Find order in chaos and savour the empty space by exploring The blank slate
Choose a lifestyle of excessive generosity- Bigger is not better
Say no so you can say yes to the things that really matter!
Simplicity is important because life is complicated
A quiet place is all we need to reconnect to our inner self.
Love and blesssings,
Thank you freerangecow.com for nominating me for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award! This comes as a pleasant surprise and I feel very humbled and honoured.
The award comes with some “rules”…
1) Display the award on your blog
2) Link back to the person who nominated you
3) State 7 things about yourself
4) Nominate 15 bloggers for this award
5) Notify those bloggers of the nomination by linking to one of their specific post so that they get notified by pingback
7 things about myself:
- My life transformed forever since I began my spiritual journey by doing Art of Living Part one course in 2008.
- I am committed to doing random acts of kindness everyday and I thank Cami Walker & her 29 days giving challenge community for the motivation and support.
- I am a certified tarot reader and now I am learning astrology.
- I am an avid reader. My favorite authors are Robin Sharma, Jane Austen, Dan Brown & Sidney Sheldon.
- My favourite quote is ‘The best is yet to come.’
- I love animals. I have two pet dogs- a pomerian ‘bonzo’ and a pug ‘doodle’.
- The best line I have ever read-‘The purpose of life is a life with purpose.’
15 People I Nominate for This Award:
- Cat’s Meow : A beautiful artist and photographer who writes on minimalism and simplicity. I loved her post on the healing powers of prayer.
- Seeking to minimize : Paola writes about minimising stress, clutter and drama. A minimalist blog in content as well as in design!
- 365 less things : I love Colleen’s simple idea of decluttering a thing a day. Her mini-missions make decluttering so easy and fun & Cindy’s weekly wisdom provokes you to think about your hoarding habits and also offers valuable advice on reducing clutter.
- Minimalist Baker : If you love cooking, then this blog is for you. Simple recipes consisting of 10 or less ingredients and take less than an hour to prepare!
- Urvi’s world : A lovely blog from Suparna featuring lovely drawings and craft projects.
- Minimalist packrat : Tanja’s minimalist blog featuring posts on fighting clutter and minimalism. I love the eye-catchy design of this blog.
- Solilokeys : I loved the post ‘The importance of being earnest’ where delghtful comparisons are made between service and fitness.
- Aristonorganic : A delightful blog which is all about gardening !
- Xlaurarogersx : Laura writes about the things better left unsaid. I liked her simple yet thought-provoking posts!
- Sunshine art : Let’s make great art together by simple creative projects on this blog.
- Mudpies and sunshine : Check out the fun activities and crafts on this blog, especially the Valentine special ‘Easy felt heart’ !
- GYA today : A lovely blog on kindness and giving, about all the beautiful choices which can make this world a better place.
- Words we women write : Some beautiful posts in a very elegantly designed blog.
- Photographs by Peter Knight : Amazing photography blog!
- Stephannie Lynn Stevens : Stephanie writes about simplicity and life in general. Simple, meaningful posts!
Congratulations to all the nominees…Keep up the good work!
(Every week, I will publish a series of inspiring links. I hope this week’s round-up inspires you to embrace simplicity and happiness!)
10 ways to have peaceful, loving relationships
Simplicity begins in us
Use it or lose it
The new year ( from the offical blog of Sri Sri Ravishankar which was launched earlier this month.)
The 3 habits of happiness
When you are going through difficult times
Colours of the Ashram (An amazing video showcasing the scenic beauty of the Art of Living International Centre in Bangalore.)
The unbearable brightness of being
Love and blessings,
When we once begin to form good resolutions, God gives us every opportunity of carrying them out. ~ St John Chrysostom
This is the time of the year to start looking back at the past and more importantly, forward to the coming year.It’s time to reflect on the changes we want to make in our life and resolve to follow through on those changes.
This is the time of the year when most of the people start making their new year resolutions. but the truth is that most people are not going to keep their resolutions all year long. Everyone starts out with the best of intentions but the worst of strategies and eventually they fail when by giving in to temptation.The loftier the resolution, the tougher it is to hang on to. It takes steely nerves to live by what you resolve.
So instead of making new year resolutions, I have made a list of 12 things which I plan to do over the next 12 months.Here it is, a positive ‘to-do’ list for the upcoming year – 12 things to start doing for myself:
- Learning a new skill : On countless occasions, I say to myself, “I wish I knew how to do this.” There are a no. of things that we all want to learn but various excuses come in our way.With the vast amount of knowledge online, you’re now your only excuse. So stop making excuses and gear up to learn something new in the coming year. I am going to learn astrology in the coming year, what about you?
- Fit in Fitness: We all know the importance of a healthy diet and exercise. Still, it’s one of the most neglected area in our life. Instead of making a resolution, my focus is going to be making healthy eating and physical activity a new lifestyle.
- 5 am Club: 5 am club is a productivity method of rising early and consistently so as to be able to accomplish more during the day. I enjoy meditating in the early hours when everything is so quiet and serene. But I don’t do it daily, so focus will be on being an early riser daily.
- Help others: Whether you choose to spend time helping out at your local orphanage, mentoring a child, or donating to charity, there are many non-profit volunteer organizations that could really use your help.
- Get out of debt: Money has been a source of stress for me and countless others in the past year.Take a serious look at your finances and take a pledge to live within your means.It’s a promise that will repay itself many times over in the year ahead.
- Declutter your home: It’s been a while since I have been decluttering my house but a lot still needs to be done. In fact, I have realised that decluttering is an on-going process.The moment you become careless, clutter will start accumulating. If you still are bogged down by all the clutter in your house, the time to start is NOW!
- Simplify your life: If stress is wearing you down, it’s time to simplify your life.For everyone who is overwhelmed by the increasing demands in their lives, slow down and find peace of mind by cutting down on unnecessary commitments and simplifying your life.
- Keeping a journal: I have never written a journal but I am seriously thinking of starting it now. Many people keep journals as a record of the day’s happenings and their feeling towards them. Some write in a journal to explore their thoughts. Some use the journal to jot down their blessings. You can do anything you want in your journal.It’s your personal space.
- Savour the moment: Not only it’s important to live in the present, but it’s equally important to enjoy each and every moment of life.An important thing to remember about life is that in all you do make sure that you enjoy it, because with every minute that passes, lies time spent that you will not get back.
- Making happiness a habit: Money and circumstances have nothing to do with happiness. The real secret to happiness is making being happy a habit! With practice and patience, I am going to see the upside of things my second nature.
- Count your blessings Instead of worrying about everything that is wrong in your life, focus on what you are blessed with. Learn to appreciate the small things in your life, for one day you might look back and realise that those were the big things. I have downloaded Random Gratitude Journal on my iphone which is a gratitude journal of its kind. Try it!
- Be the change you want to see – The only way to raise yourself up is to raise others up – to raise your world up – to raise all of life just a little higher. Joy comes to you when you give it.Give one hour a week for the betterment of your society. There is a wonderful initiative by Art of living called ‘Volunteer for better India’ which aims to bring the youth together to address the critical issues affecting India.
Remember, the journey of a thousand miles begins with one step. Whatever it is you dream about, start taking small, logical steps every day to make it happen. Get out there and DO something!