(Every week, I share a series of inspiring links which I think are worth reading. Enjoy this week’s round up!)
- Instead of running from discomfort all the time, learn to pause and bring your mind to the present moment. Try this pause training to lead you to unconventional productivity.
- Some great tips : How to Unwind in under five minutes.
- Digital clutter is not as troublesome as physical clutter. Still it can be problematic if not organized on a regular basis. Learn more from the minimalists about dealing with digital clutter.
- You are not alone if you don’t have it all figured out.
- Can you destroy your marriage with love?
- Leave footprints of love and kindness with 51 random acts of kindness.
- Life’s greatest miracles often comes disguised as hardship.
- Gratitude is such a powerful emotion, one that can make your life better in so many ways. Practice gratitude with 40 simple ways.
Love and blessings,
Let us remember the golden heritage of our country and feel proud to be a part of India. Happy 67th Republic Day!
Here are some facts about the Republic Day of India:
- January 26, 1930 was earlier celebrated as India’s Independence Day or Purna Swaraj Day. It’s the day India decided to fight for complete freedom.
- After we achieved Independence on August 15 in 1947, our leaders wanted January 26 to be remembered in history as well. Therefore, the day was made to coincide with the day of Swaraj.
- The first Republic Day was celebrated on January 26, 1950, three years after we got independence.
- Republic Day Celebrations are a 3-day long affair. The celebrations end on January 29 with the Beating Retreat ceremony.
- The first R-Day parade at Rajpath was held in 1955.
- A Christian song, Abide With Me, is played at the Republic Day Parade. It is believed to be one of Mahatma Gandhi’s favourite songs.
- India’s Constitution is the longest in the world. It has a total of 448 articles. It is written in English and Hindi.
- Drafting the Constitution was a herculean task. Dr B.R. Ambedkar took 2 years and 11 months to draft the Indian Constitution.
- Our leaders took the best aspects from other countries’ constitutions. The concept of liberty, equality and fraternity came from the French constitution while the Five-Year Plans came from the USSR constitution.
- Before the Constitution came into force, India followed British Government’s Government of India Act 1935.
- A majority of national awards such as Bharat Ratna, Padma Bhushan and Kirti Chakra are awarded during the Republic Day ceremony.
(Every week, I used to publish a series of inspiring links. And now I am starting it again. Enjoy this week’s round up!)
Love and blessings,
My son and I during his last birthday!
The blog marathon challenge is proving to be more difficult than I had anticipated. I have been posting daily on this blog besides writing regularly on hubpages and blogjob. As a result, sometimes I feel tired and sometimes just out of ideas to write about.
Today is one such day and so I decided to do a fun meme from Sunday Stealing. Here it goes:
That Alphabet Thing Meme
A: Accent — sounds ridiculous!
B: Breakfast — I had fruits today for breakfast due to Ekadashi fast.
C: Chore you hate — Organizing my closet.
D: Dad’s name — Mr. Devinder Singh Walia
E: Essential everyday item — Deodrant
F: Flavor ice cream — Butterscotch
G: Gold or silver — Gold
H: Hometown — Chandigarh
I: Insomnia — I suffer from insomnia often and then I listen to music till I fall asleep.
J: Job title — I left the job in November. I was a Senior Manager in my previous job.
K: Kids — One
M: Mother’s birthplace — Kapurthala
N: Number of significant others — None
O: Overnight hospital stays — Thrice. Last one being for gall bladder surgery.
P: Phobia — I am too scared of lizards. Herpetophobia is the right word for it.
Q: Quick at — Reading
R: Religious affiliation — I prefer to call myself spiritual.
S: Siblings — None
T: Time you wake up — 7 am
U: Unnatural hair colors — I find Neon and Purple hair color quite weird.
V: Vegetable you refuse to eat — Turnip, capsicum and cabbage
W: Worst habit — Biting my nails when I am nervous.
X: X-rays — are electromagnetic radiations.
Y: Yummy — Masala Dosa
Z: Zodiac sign — Cancer
Things not always go as per our expectations. Sometimes they take a turn for the better and sometimes the reverse happens. Life is so unpredictable and this is the beauty of it. Imagine how boring our lives would be if there were no challenges!
You can make plans but in one moment, all the plans go topsy-turvy and life just spirals out of control. And there is nothing you can do except to wait for the storm to subside and going with the flow. Such challenging times are the test of your faith. Surrender to the Divine knowing that He is always with you even when there is nobody else.
“Cheers to a new year and another chance for us to get it right.”
― Oprah Winfrey
I wish you all a WONDERFUL new year. May you have health, money, happiness and may you be surrounded by loved ones!
I have not been very active on this blog lately. The reason for my long absence was some challenges I had been facing on the professional front. Finally I made the hard decision and quit my job of ten years. It wasn’t easy for me but it has been quite a relief. Other reason was that I have been writing regularly on hubpages for last couple of months. But I promise to be regular here in 2016.
Hence starting today, there will be a new post every single day for the next 30 days. Yes, a blog marathon! It’s not easy as it is a huge challenge to post every day and takes discipline & commitment. But I intend to show up daily and write!
And meanwhile you can check out my posts on hubpages. You can find some interesting poems and articles on astrology and Tarot on my page. Here is the link http://hubpages.com/@swalia